In this digital world, technologies are ruling and have turned as an essential part of our lives. Undoubtedly, we can’t imagine our lives without smart and innovative solutions as they help us in several ways to streamline the business operations and offer next generation experience to the users.
Due to the high usage of web applications, now the demand of app development services have increased exponentially. However, to meet with the modem requirements and meet with the deadlines, developers prefer to opt for the open source technology.
In this blog, we will tell you about the top open source tools and frameworks, which developers should know. In order to leverage all the benefits, partner with an open source development company.
Top Open Source Tools for your Project
NetBeans is a popular open source development tool. According to Wikipedia, NetBeans is an integrated development environment for Java. NetBeans allows applications to be developed from a set of modular software components called modules. NetBeans runs on Windows, macOS, Linux and Solaris. This tool is developed by Apache Software Foundation and Oracle Corporation. It is written in Java.
- Helps to boost the development process.
- This tool is easy and free to use.
- NetBeans helps in project management and efficient coding process.
Apache JMeter is another open source development tool, which is preferred by millions of developers. This tool is designed to test functionalities and measure performance. It is launched under Apache License 2.0. However, the best part of this tool is it is customizable and offers developers the flexibility to meet their requirements.
Features of Apache JMeter
- This tool has an ability to load and offer high performance to different applications, server, and protocol
- Full multithreading framework
- Highly Extensible
- Easy integration with third party open source libraries such as Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
- This tool has an ability to extract data from the most popular formats including HTML, JSON , XML or any textual format
Prototyping is trending nowadays and has turned as a foremost demand of the customers. It helps developers to give the idea to their customers about their project and how it will work. Pencil is a part of the prototyping process,and plays an essential role in the development process. It is popular as a GUI open-source prototyping tool.
- Supports all platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Pencil is a desktop tool.
- Developers have to download this tool and then they can use it.
- Easy GUI prototyping.
- In built shape collections – diagram and drawing support.
- This tool allows developers to link inter-page and clip arts.
Linx is a Low Code Backend Development Tool. It helps to deliver rapid backend applications without writing a single line of code. This tool is gaining immense popularity across the globe as it automates workflow and tasks. Linx helps developers to build backends for mobile apps and APIs, which have turned the development process more advanced and accurate. Apart from this, Linx helps to meet with the different industry requirements.
- Easy to use
- Inbuilt Plugins
- One click deployment
- Supports live debugging
- Automate processes with different methods.
Bootstrap helps developers to offer responsive web applications. With this tool, developers can quickly design and boost the development process as ever before. It is known as a world’s most popular front-end open source toolkit.
- Responsive grid system
- Extensive pre built components
- Official themes to the designers
- Have access to jQuery plugins
Open source is the rapidly growing technology and it is in high trend. Most of the developers prefer to opt this platform as they can modify it as per their requirements.
There are many more tools and platforms for open source and it also helps to boost the development process. Make sure that your web and app developers should know about these open source tools in the market and its different functionalities.