Here is a list of the top Free Image Optimization Plugins for WordPress
There are several times when images tend to slow down a particular website. But then it is not possible to have websites without images. Therefore, just for the sake of performance, you cannot ignore the images. This issue can be solved if you use Word Press Image optimizer plugins to optimize the images. This way the images would take up much lesser space. You will, therefore, be able to use the images for the readers and upload the website fast. It is a complete win-win situation.
The Word Press image optimizer also provides you with several good quality options. If you want to know about the best free image optimization plugins for Word Press, you can go through the discussion below:
EWWW Image Optimizer Plug
In this is a very unique algorithm. With this, you can get lossy compression but then you will not have to compromise at all on the quality. The results are like a lossless compression. Here you will be able to see some major savings with the number of bytes that you are using. There are some very good things about this and you can go through the points mentioned below:
- For it to work, there is no need for you to keep the optimizer plugin open. It will be able to handle the compression in the background. This will allow you to work with the Word Press somewhere else.
- The plugins also help in optimizing all the media and these include the media that is also not there in the media folder. Therefore these include certain things like slider photos, avatar icons, theme images, etc.
- If there is a bulk optimizer scan used then it will skip over all those files that can be compressed. Therefore the server will not have to handle any requests that are not necessary.
This is also a free WordPress plugin that will reduce the weight of your website by reducing the size of the images. But though the size is reduced, it does not in any way visually make any alterations to the image. The Optimal helps in compressing, resizing, and also serving the image using CDN in a particular location. Lossy and Lossless website optimization & image optimization techniques are used to process the images. Moreover, this also works on autopilot. This means that if you install them once, it will be able to do the job all by themselves. It is not at all necessary for you to do any extra work. With the help of a modern and user-friendly interface, you will be able to track and also monitor the activities. There are also certain premium plans which will allow more viewing, disk space, CDN locations, priority support, bandwidth, and also custom CNAME.
Here is a list of the important features of Optimal:
- The images are served using CDN and these cover up to as many as 110 locations across the world.
- You will be able to get 1 GB images free each month for each month and if you want you can upgrade it to 15 + GB.
- There will also be a 10GB viewing bandwidth each month for each month and the free plan and the premium plans, it will be 100 GB.
- You also have the option of automatic optimization.
- This also has a dynamic DPR detection for all the devices Apart from this, it will also have HiDPI support and Retina.
- It can monitor and track the results or stats using the modern dashboard.
- It also has certain lossy and lossless optimization methods that will cover all the devices.
Smush Image Compression and Optimization
This is one of the best premium plugins that is created to compress and optimize the images. This is an award-winning image optimizer and it takes great pride in its ability to compress the images on the server automatically without deteriorating the quality of the images in any way. Moreover, the image is not optimized on the server. Thus it reduces the burden of the website.
Therefore any user of word press can reduce the size of the images without having much knowledge about the editing skills of the images. The plugins are free and there are few restrictions regarding their free usage.