ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a cost-effective tool for raising funds from investors. It has pipped traditional methods such as approaching banks and venture capitalists. Valuable tokens will be sold to investors in exchange for cryptocurrency or legal tender. Behind every successful ICO, there lie well-rounded marketing efforts that are tailor-made for every firm.
Steps to Implement for Ensuring a Well-Performing ICO Marketing Strategy Are
- Obtain the trust of investors via the Whitepaper – The Whitepaper must be designed with proper care by a professional. Since it is a technical document, it must include details about the project’s vision, legal implications, and benefits offered to investors. The firm must also clear the air on the distribution strategy for tokens. It must offer some unique benefits to distinguish itself from competitors. If the business firm does not want to share all details at one go can release a lightpaper instead. It will consist of important information about projects and tokens. Customers can quickly go through it.
- Develop a captivating website – Create an interactive website for your ICO. Have separate sections that explain all the aspects of the project. Make sure that the website loads fast, is SEO-friendly, and has an HTTPS security certificate. SEO helps in ranking higher on search engines such as Google and Bing. It does not depend just on the website layout and navigation but relies heavily on fresh content and optimized images. Establish links to social media channels for getting higher traffic. Include information about your team members. Disclose information about how the tokens get split between different stages. To get a better reach in ICO Marketing, explain the process of how an investor can buy a token or coin.
- Curate content for various social media tools – Popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram must be used to share posts related to the ICO. YouTube can be tapped for sharing short promotional videos. Telegram is effective in keeping constant touch with investors. Long-form articles should be published on platforms such as Medium. Linkedin can be utilized for sharing updates to those interested in commercial aspects. Firms can participate in events and conferences for meeting like-minded people through websites such as BitcoinTalk. Content must be specifically created as per the target audience’s interests, and the focus must be on value addition.
- Discussion forums – Actively participate in ongoing discussions that take place on platforms such as Quora and Reddit. After gaining a good reputation, introduce your coin, history, and benefits to the community users.
- Paid advertising – After getting adequate traction for your website through a positive buzz, paid advertising can be done to get higher traffic through tools such as Google Ads. The promotional messages can be modified to make it suitable for retargeting. The marketing team must also concentrate on providing after-sale assistance. With the ban on cryptocurrency ads on platforms such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, firms must look out for blockchain websites that allow the display of banner and text advertisements.
- Email marketing – Professional clients can be asked to go through newsletters and regular product updates by submitting a sign-up form. The firm must also offer a proper opt-in incentive and craft a calculative autoresponder sequence. Hire experienced copywriters so that the investors can easily understand the technical aspects of an ICO. In the long run, it helps to reach the target audience effectively. Email marketing can also attract the attention of potential investors who get interested in the process of ICO Marketing.
- Put announcements on well-known ICO listing websites – Announce the official launch of your ICO on listing websites such as ICO Bench and ICO marks. Industry-watchers and journalists closely monitor these ICO calendars. A firm can get good publicity in the media.
- Partner with Influencers – Influencers drive opinion on a platform. This would give a considerable boost to the entire marketing campaign. A firm can better its organic reach, which will be shown via improvement in its metrics.
- Public relations – Regular correspondence must be sent to investors in the form of news and press releases. The focus should be on sharing informative content to different sections of the target audience. Interactive question and answer sessions can be held to clarify all the doubts existing in the minds of investors. It will lead to more coverage and better credibility of the ICO Marketing Strategy.
- Affiliate marketing – It is a cost-effective tool where affiliates will be asked to perform certain tasks in exchange for a commission. The maximum number of leads would be generated by professional affiliates through their vast networking. Firms save expenses as they pay only for ad clicks and conversions. This also encourages the advertiser to produce high-quality traffic. It enables quicker analysis of performance through the availability of instance information instead of studying detailed reports.
- Inbound marketing – Organic traffic can be gained by the firm by posting of articles, blogs, videos, infographics on their own website. They can also organize webinars with industry experts to gain ICO Marketing tips.
Implement all the above ICO Marketing steps in a time-bound manner to outwit your competitors and fulfill your business objectives successfully.