Delivery services are ruling the on-demand app sector. With COVID-19 fueling the need for doorstep deliveries, food and grocery delivery services have become the talk of the town. For years altogether, restaurants and customers considered food delivery services as a supplement to dine-ins. With the pandemic taking dine-ins out of the picture, food delivery platforms are gaining the all-important center stage.
The pandemic has also led to the rise of innovative strategies to tackle the situation wisely. When talking about innovation, we cannot underestimate the role of the Internet and modern technology. What if there’s a way to achieve hassle-free doorstep deliveries? By bringing innovation into the ecosystem, a food delivery platform can transform from being a subordinate service to an essential service.
In this blog, let’s discuss some of the recent trends in the food delivery app sector. Besides, we’ll also look into the prospects of how innovation can help the entire community stay safe and conscious amid the COVID-19 stress.
What are the major players working on in the market?
With almost one in five smartphone users registering with at least one food delivery platform, food delivery apps have the responsibility of providing instant, contamination-free food orders. The existing platforms are coming up with ideas to make the process more flawless and easily accessible to customers.
UberEats has come up with a unique initiative by allowing restaurants to include deliveries via UberEats in their restaurant website free-of-cost until the end of the year.
Similarly, Google has collaborated with platforms like Grubhub to let customers order directly via the Google Maps app.
The pandemic has also led to the rise of restaurant-specific apps, wherein restaurants get to keep in touch with their potential customers by taking orders online.
Domino’s Pizza has introduced ordering via smartwatches, SMS, etc., to enhance customers’ comfort. Even zero-click delivery options like the Amazon Echo app have proved valuable to app users.
What’s the way to practice social distancing with food delivery platforms?
One of the significant concerns among people availing of food delivery services is virus contractions due to the contact with delivery professionals. Besides, with multiple personnel handling food orders, there are higher chances of contamination as well. If a food delivery platform can maintain social distancing with deliveries, it can eliminate people’s fears and boost profits substantially.
Some of the innovative trends that can enable food delivery platforms to practice social distancing include,
- Delivery through drones: Drone delivery was considered a potential replacement to automobiles, considering their rapidness and eco-friendliness. Domino’s Pizza has trial-tested their Domicopter, capable of delivering within a few minutes. According to Bloomberg, Alphabet’s drone delivery service, Wing has experienced a surge in orders, with the volume of services almost doubled amid the pandemic. Delivery via drones is a simple and minimalistic approach, eliminating the need for drivers. The drone reaches the exact position of delivery and flies at an altitude of seven meters above the ground. The food order automatically lowers through a rope. This way, there’s no need for human intervention.
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI): Robots are innovative replacements for humans, making the entire process more productive. Refractive AI, one of the fastest-growing tech-startups, aims to provide doorstep food deliveries with robots on wheels. The pandemic has already witnessed giants like Amazon, Postmates, etc., leveraging Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics.
China’s Delivery app, Meituan Dianping, has introduced autonomous delivery robots.
Kiwibot, another sustainable robotic delivery infrastructure, is rising to the occasion, providing zero-contact food deliveries through robots in California and Denver.
What are the essential modifications in an UberEats clone post-COVID-19?
A food delivery platform needs to regain the trust of customers. With various restaurants signing up with the food delivery platforms, modifications are essential. Let’s discuss the necessary changes in an UberEats clone here,
- Big Data to enhance customer experience: Personalized customer preferences are vital to strengthening user engagement rates in a food delivery platform. The role of Big Data is inevitable, considering the current situation. Having a handful of data and a data analyst can be a game-changer. Big Data can take customer experience to a whole new level from identifying current trends to accurate delivery timings.
- Introducing virtual currencies: Transacting via cash can lead to numerous disadvantages in this pandemic situation. Enabling people to transact via the digital modes of payment can come in handy. With cryptocurrencies becoming more reliable and accessible among users, payment through cryptocurrencies can be a unique selling proposition for a food delivery app.
- Using eco-friendly packing standards: Environment-conscious people are looking for zero-waste packing options. Introducing recyclable packaging can give users a sense of satisfaction that they are contributing to global well-being. With giants like McDonald’s and UberEats switching to eco-friendly packaging, this is the right time to draw users’ attention by introducing the standard.
- The future of AR and VR: Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality can enhance user experience substantially. These innovative trends can boost social engagement rates of users massively. Acting as a promotional stunt, these trends are set to rule the food delivery industry in the upcoming years.
What are the specific safety strategies amid COVID-19?
A food delivery platform must pull the strings of multiple entities like restaurants, delivery executives, and customers in ensuring safe food deliveries. Some of the safety strategies that can play a pivotal role include,
- Safety ratings and reviews: At the end of the day, customers have the final say. By enabling users to rate and review the quality of food orders and professionalism of delivery executives, food delivery platforms can keep service quality in check. Similarly, removing those restaurants and delivery professionals who do not abide by the community guidelines becomes easier.
- Safety badges: Scrutinizing restaurants for their safety standards can prove vital for a food delivery platform. Instead of instantly joining hands with numerous restaurants, conducting a safety check can enhance users’ trustworthiness. Restaurants that abide by the safety regulations will have a safety badge near their names during users’ display.
- Safety gear to delivery executives: Delivery executives come in direct contact with customers. As long as delivery executives do not maintain professionalism, a food delivery app cannot register a place in customers’ smartphones. By providing safety gear, including gloves, masks, sanitizers, etc., to delivery executives, a platform can ensure the safety of delivery workers and food orders.
- Introducing pick-ups: There’s an elevated chance of risk due to the introduction of delivery executives. To avoid such a scenario, customers can opt for a self pick-up option, wherein customers place the order via the food delivery app and pick-up the order in-person. This way, one can ensure food orders’ safety.
How to initiate a food delivery app development?
Entrepreneurs eyeing to develop a food delivery app needn’t wait any longer. The market is awaiting an intense competition, with people relying on third-party food delivery platforms to reach out to their restaurants. When it comes to app development, one can either opt for a traditional method of developing from scratch or the current trend of modifying clone app solutions.
Either way, the necessity for a food delivery platform to be feature-loaded remains the same. Let’s discuss the features that can shape up a robust food delivery app. A comprehensive UberEats clone app solution will include enticing features for
- User app
- Restaurant owner app
- Delivery professional app
Features of User app:
- Registration: Users register with valid credentials or through social media handles.
- Search and filter: Users search for a particular food or restaurant. They can make use of filters to narrow their search.
- Real-time tracking: Users can track the status of their food orders in real-time with this feature.
- Multiple payment options: Users can pay for their food orders via cash, credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- In-app chat/call: Users can communicate with restaurants and delivery executives either via chat or call.
- Ratings and reviews: Users can rate restaurants and delivery executives on a scale of 1- 5 and share their experience in reviews.
Features of Restaurant owner app:
- Onboarding: Restaurant owners register with the app by providing the necessary details and uploading valid documents for verification.
- Accept/Reject requests: Restaurants can accept or turn down user requests based on their preferences.
- Availability toggle: Restaurants can switch between their availability with the toggle feature.
- Update menu: Restaurants can update their list from time-to-time based on their availability.
- Push notifications: Restaurants get notifications on upcoming orders, user requests, etc., in a jiffy.
Features of Delivery Professional app:
- Registration: Delivery executives register with the platform by specifying the necessary information. They upload documents for verification as well.
- Availability slider: Delivery executives can switch between their availability with this feature.
- Accept/Reject requests: Delivery executives can accept or reject user requests based on numerous parameters like distance, fee, etc.
- Manage multiple orders: Delivery executives can pick-up multiple orders down the way, reducing the overall time and conserving fuel.
- In-app navigation: Delivery executives can reach users’ destinations without any hassle through the guidance of in-app navigation.
Leveraging modern technology to ensure food order safety can yield fruitful results to a food delivery platform. Introducing innovative trends can be a great way to attract customers and build positive brand value. Reconstructing a food delivery app based on COVID-19 conditions can help gain users’ trustworthiness. Developing a food delivery app becomes a piece of cake with the advent of clone app solutions.
An expert app development company, providing the perfect blend of innovation and economic aspects, can help an entrepreneur scale greater heights in the food delivery industry.