- 1 Steps to Solve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working Issue
QuickBooks multi-user mode is an inbuilt feature in QuickBooks that permits multiple users to work on the same company file at the same time. It helps in increasing collaboration and enhance productivity. The issue with QuickBooks multiple user mode arises when the user is trying to launch the company file which has been located on another system.
In case you are also receiving the multi-user issues on QuickBooks desktop, then continue reading this post. Or you can also get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and ask them to fix the issue immediately.
What leads to the multi-user mode issues in QuickBooks?
There can be a couple of factors causing the multi user mode error, which include the following:
- QuickBooks not installed on the server
- Or the host settings are not properly configured
- Also, firewall or antivirus software is not allowing communication between user systems
- Database server is unable to open the company file
- Or the windows file permissions are not properly set
- Windows file permissions are not properly set
- QuickBooks is not installed on the server
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working Issue
In order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks multi-user mode issues you can follow the below given steps:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks database server manager
In order to fix the error, the user can use the QuickBooks database server manager. The steps involved in the process are:
- First of all, open QuickBooks database server manager in the server system by typing in database in the Start menu
- And then, in case you are unable to find no folder locations, make sure to use browse to go the folder storing company file.
- After that hit OK tab and click on Scan Now
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
The user can also use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the error. This tool will analyse whether the system is properly set up for using multi user mode or not.
Solution 3: Changing the default setting
In order to change the default settings, the user needs to navigate to the files.
- Hit a click on the “utilities” option.
- After that, click on the “host multi-user access” tab.
- The next step is to select “multi user access tab” and then “add multiple users” to the company file.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the “multi-user access option” if not selected earlier.
- And then, the user needs to “create the user account password“, so that the data can remain protected from the threats.
- The last step is to start using multi user mode effectively without the slow processing.
Solution 4: Change the settings of firewall and antivirus
Windows Firewall or your installed antivirus may be the main cause of QB multi-user mode not working error. In case the issue is born out of firewall setting, you can set-up exceptions in the settings and allow QuickBooks for transmitting data. If your antivirus is causing the issue, configure it to fix the error.
- The user needs to open the Control panel from the Windows start menu.
- And then, look for the Windows firewall option, followed by hitting Enter.
- The next step is to click on the allow an app through windows firewall option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to tap on change settings, and then check-mark the box that can be seen under the public list for QuickBooks application.
- Now, the user needs to hit OK option and then click on the public for the application.
- Also, the user needs to make an attempt to run QuickBooks in the multi-user mode and check whether the errors are fixed.
Solution 5: Rename the .QBW.TLG and the .QBW.ND
You need to rename the .QBW.TLG and the .QBW.ND file in order to troubleshoot the ongoing problem. Follow the below given steps:
- First of all you need to open the QuickBooks desktop company file
- After that press the F2 key, on your keyboard
- In the next step, you will see the product information window on your screen. And then, under the file information option, the company file can be located. the .TLG and .QBW.ND files can be detected on the same folder
- Finally hit a right click on the files and rename them all.
Once you have implemented the above steps, the error might not trouble you anymore. But, if it persists, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787, and they will guide you the way through this.